The Downhill Chip Shot: Hole 3
- Align the shoulders in the same direction as the slope as illustrated in the picture above.
- Widen your stance more than usual to maintain the balance through impact.
- Place the ball a little further back in the stance.
- Make a steeper back swing than normal as illustrated in the picture above.
- When taking the downswing and follow through; allow the club to move with the slope as in the picture above.
Take a very lofted club to perform this shot i.e. sand wedge or lob wedge. Keep in mind that this shot will come out “hot”, so allow for the extra roll on the green.