Today, Head Chef at Prince’s Grant’s Bunkers Restaurant, Nomusa Mngadi shares her Basil Pesto Taglaitelle recipe. This is an ideal August dish as it perfectly combines the rich indulgence of a winter comfort food and the fresh zest of a spring time dish.
So please “like” it, share it, try it and leave us a comment on the Prince’s Grant Coastal Estate Facebook page. And remember, if the kitchen is not your favourite space, then there is always a table at Bunkers where Chef Nomusa is waiting to treat and delight you!
Basil Pesto Taglaitelle Pasta
200g Dried Tagliatelle
15ml Olive Oil
2 Chicken Breasts
15ml Basil Pesto
5ml Crushed Garlic
Shaved Parmesan Cheese to serve
Basil Leaves to serve
- Cook tagliatelle pasta
- Heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the chicken and garlic and cook, stirring often, until brown.
- Add pesto, salt and pepper and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for a further 5 minutes until a sauce formed.
- Drain the pasta before adding it to the pesto mixture. Toss over low heat until well combined.
- Served topped with parmesan and fresh basil.